Leaving behind a legacy when you pass is something that can help your family and community. Whether you own a small business or have a large sum in the bank, Cross Law APC can help you leave a legacy behind that makes a lasting difference with your loved ones. In order to ensure that your family and loved ones are able to comfort each other while grieving and to be a time when your loved ones can appreciate your life, a legacy plan is important to protect your assets and create seamless transfer of property and money.
Cross Law APC offers legacy planning services to ensure that your memory and assets are protected and preserved with your loved ones.
The Importance of Legacy Planning
If you want to be in control of your lasting memory and that your assets are a benefit and not a burden on your loved ones, then contact Cross Law APC today to begin legacy planning. Your legacy plan can help you:
- Protect your assets and wealth in your last years. Instead of spending your money on long-term care, Medi-Cal options can help cover your costs so that your assets can be given to your loved ones.
- Choose to whom and what you would like to give gifts. These gifts can include small family heirlooms all the way to large gifts to charity. These gifts can provide financial security for loved ones and are essential in avoiding family fighting over inheritance.
- Make certain that your gifts left behind benefit rather than burden heirs. Many family members may benefit more from different types of gifts rather than money and property. Cross Law APC can help you explore these options.
- Limit taxes and losses. The potential for loss of estate to taxes can be minimized through strategic and careful estate planning with the attorneys at Cross Law APC.
What is Involved with Legacy Planning?
While each legacy plan is tailored to your individual needs depending on type and amount of assets, there are some overlap in different things that may be involved. This overlap includes:
- Creating a last will and testament
- Creating a trust and the funding it will need
- Creating a Medi-Cal plan and the details that entails
- Determining gifts made while living to charity or loved ones
- Determining business ownership so that the transfer is easy and seamless
These options are just a few of the options that may be presented when legacy planning. Legacy planning can help you set up any of these options as well as ensure the money you leave behind is managed effectively. With Cross Law APC, we can help you reach your goals for your family and for the gifts you wish to leave behind with strategic legacy planning.