About Oleg Cross
Mr. Cross is a graduate of Duke University School of Law. He has received the highest possible rating in both legal ability and ethical standards (“AV Preeminent”) from the Martindale Hubbell® peer review rating service. In addition, he has been included in “Super Lawyers” since 2013.
Mr. Cross finds fulfillment in helping clients create meaningful legacies and protect their family wealth. His practice encompasses estate planning, trust administration, and select estate and trust controversies. He also provides advice and counsel in various stages of trust administration and trust proceedings.
His trial experience includes both bench and jury trials. Mr. Cross also handles select appeals, and is counsel of record in Haggery v. Thornton, 68 Cal. App. 5th 1003 (2021), review granted.
Mr. Cross is admitted to practice before all California courts, United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit, United States Tax Court, United States District Courts for the Central, Southern, Northern, and Eastern Districts of California, and the United States District Court for the District of Colorado.
Prior to forming his own firm, Mr. Cross was associated with Cooley LLP.
Note: The case results discussed on this website were dependent on the facts of the particular case, and the results will differ if based on different facts.
Mr. Cross is “AV Preeminent” by Martindale Hubbell — the highest rating for legal ability and adherence to ethical standards. In addition, he is rated “Superb 10.0” by Avvo. Mr. Cross has been consistently selected for inclusion in Super Lawyers in 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, and 2017. Super Lawyers is a peer rating service that recognizes the top 5% lawyers who have attained an outstanding degree of recognition and professional achievement.
In addition, in 2011, all major legal organizations in San Diego voted to select Mr. Cross as the inaugural recipient of the Judge David R. Thompson New Lawyer Award for his outstanding service to the legal profession and the public. In 2007 and 2008, he was honored by the San Diego legal community as a recipient of the 2007 and 2008 Top Young Attorneys by the San Diego Daily Transcript, which recognizes the “rising stars” in the San Diego legal community.
- Founding Board Member and Editor, Duke Journal of Constitutional Law & Public Policy
- Articles Editor, Law & Contemporary Problems
Duke University School of Law, LL.M.
- International & Comparative Law
Abilene Christian University, B.A.
- Magna Cum Laude
- Super Lawyers (2013, 2014, 2015m 2016, 2017)
- AV Preeminent® Rating, Martindale‑Hubbell (2014-present)
- Judge David R. Thompson Award, The 27th Annual Red Boudreau Trial Lawyers’ Dinner (2011)
- 40 Under 40 Award, San Diego Metropolitan Magazine (2009)
- Distinguished Service Award, San Diego Volunteer Lawyer Program (2009)
- Wiley W. Manual Award for Pro Bono Legal Services, California Bar Association (2009)
- Pro Bono Challenge Award, Cooley LLP (2009)
- San Diego’s Top Young Attorneys, San Diego Daily Transcript (2008)
- Wiley W. Manual Award for Pro Bono Legal Services, California Bar Association (2008)
- San Diego’s Top Young Attorneys, San Diego Daily Transcript (2007)
- Who’s Who Among Executives and Professionals, Who’s Who Legal (2008)
- Duke Law School Pro Bono Award (2006)
- Winner of the Book of the Year Award in the career category (2009)
- Finalist of Indie Book Awards in the career category (2010)
- 2013-2018 Super Lawyers – Oleg Cross
- “AV-Preeminent” Rating by Martindale Hubbel
- Judge David R. Thompson Award – Oleg Cross – The 27th Annual Red Boudreau Trial
Lawyers’ Dinner (2011)
- Distinguished Service Award – Oleg Cross – San Diego Volunteer Lawyer Program (2009)
- 40 Under 40 Award – Oleg Cross – San Diego Metropolitan Magazine (2009)
- Pro Bono Challenge Award – Oleg Cross – Cooley LLP (2009)
- San Diego’s Top Young Attorneys – Oleg Cross – San Diego Daily Transcript (2007, 2008)
- Who’s Who Among Executives and Professionals – Oleg Cross – Who’s Who Legal (2008)
- Wiley W. Manual Award for Pro Bono Legal Services – Oleg Cross – California Bar Association (2009, 2008)
By creating a trust, you can protect your assets, beneficiaries and provide continued control over assets in the case that you may become incapacitated or pass away. Each type of trust involved varying legal requirements when creating. Cross Law APC has extensive experience with trust creation and administration.
Trust & Estate Litigation
Mr. Cross is a Certified Specialist in Estate Planning, Trust and Probate Law by the State Bar of California’s Board of Legal Specialization. He is well-equipped to handle every aspect of estate and trust controversies, working in collaboration with the client’s existing estate or tax attorneys and advisors.